During Aeration in the cooling tower, cooling water picks up airborne particles such as dust, soot and microbes. The high temperature heat transfer process transforms the airborne particles and soluble sales into scales which clog up the condenser inner tubes, raising energy cost and degrading performance of the entire system.
It is the perfect cost-effective solution that eliminates equipment downtime and optimizes energy utilization of water-cooled heat exchangers (including chillers) by automatically keeping heat exchanger tubes perpetually free from effects of scaling and particulate fouling. This ensures optimal heat exchange efficiency, contributing to prevention of unnecessary energy loss and low total-cost-of-use.
THE PROBLEM FOR SHELL & TUBE HEAT EXCHANGERS
Scaling and fouling begins to take place after 200 – 400 hours from last manual cleaning of condenser tubes, hence the ideal practice is to manually clean the heat exchanger tubes once every 200 hours. This is extremely expensive and unproductive! Traditionally cleaning methods such as manual cleaning, is a short term solution and in addition, poses several challenges:
- Requires chiller shutdown;
- Labour-intensive, low productivity
- Oversized brush damages tubes
- Undersized brush not effective in removing fouling
- Need to ensure tubes are cleaned thoroughly
- Accessibility (need of scaffoldings) & Security issues
The increasing of fouling& scaling inside heat exchangers inner tubes results in:
- Increasing energy& electricity consumption in industrial buildings
- Larger carbon footprint& environmental destruction.
- Lower productivity
Research has shown that scaling/fouling begins to take place after 200-400 hours hence the ideal practice is to clean the heat exchanger tubes once every 200 hours.